Hips – Primary – Cemented
The LINK® SP II® hip prosthesis stem forms an anatomical hip prosthesis for cementable implantation with the Model Lubinus® hip acetabular cup or the IP hip acetabular cup.
In Sweden the Lubinus® SP II® is the most frequently used implant for cemented hip joint replacement. Its ratings in the Swedish Annual Hip Report 2007* (“Swedish study”) conclude that it is also the most reliable. During the period covered by the report, in 60,949 implantations, done at various centres, a survival rate of 94.7% after 16 years, is shown for the LINK® hip prosthesis system.
*Annual Report 2007, The Swedish Hip Arthroplasty Register, www.jru.orthop.gu.se.
The Lubinus® SP II® hip prosthesis stem also achieved very good safety data in the Swedish Hip Register of a subgroup analysis** studying failure cases for the occurrence of periprosthetic femoral fractures. In the 1,049 complications recorded between 1979 and 2000 the Model Lubinus® was markedly underrepresented in the fracture group. The risk of periprosthetic femoral fractures was evaluated as very low with the anatomical SP II® hip prosthesis system.
**Improved Analyses in the Swedish Hip Arthroplasty Register, Scientific Exhibition presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Feb. 14–18, 2007, San Diego, California, USA.
SP II® Hip Prosthesis Stem
- Centred position in the femoral canal due to the anatomically shaped stem.
- Preserves the intramedullary bone substance
- Uniform cement mantle in the entire stem region
- S-shaped stem resists rotational forces
- Large collar support achieves reintroduction of physiological forces into the femur
- Built-in physiological anteversion in the prosthesis stem
- Reliable implantation technique
- Modular system allows adjustment to suit anatomical requirements
- Two standard stem lengths, four additional stem lengths of 200 to 350 mm for revisions
- Three femoral neck angles, one extra-long femoral neck and up to four head-neck lengths for precise lateralization adjustment
Answers to Your Questions
How do I arrange a demo?
If you're interested in finding out more or seeing a demo of this product then please contact your local territory manager or get in touch via the form below.
How quickly can I recieve a loan kit?
Our standard loan kit delivery is next day. We can deliver pre 12 or pre 9 if specified at the time of booking. Same day delivery can be arranged on request but please contact us to find out more.
How do I find my local Territory Manager?
Our territory managers can be found on our Team page above. There you will find their email and phone number. If you're unsure which territory you fall in to then please contact us via the form below.
Do you create custom made products?
Custom made is an integral part of Waldemar Link. Our dedicated team of experts and engineers have produced more than 35,000 custom made prostheses to date. We are happy to discuss any case and offer our best solution. Please check out our custom made page (under products) above for more info or get in touch with your local territory manager. We'd love to hear from you.
Where are Link based?
Link UK is based in Edinburgh, Scotland and we are a subsidiary of Waldemar Link. Head office and our factory are located close to Hamburg, Germany.