LINK® Vario-Cup Prosthesis System
Hips – Prosthesis Heads
The Vario-Cup prosthesis system consists of UHMWPE acetabular components encased in ultra-smooth polished outer metal shells, for articulation in the bony acetabulum. The implants are to be used in conjunction with femur components of LINK total hip systems.
For optimal security against luxation between the Vario-Cup prosthesis and the femoral components, an anti-luxation system has been developed. A safety ring of UHMWPE is placed into a slot in the mouth of the polyethylene liner after assembly of the Vario-Cup and femoral components.
Vario-Cup Prosthesis System
- Less reaction in the acetabulum to the prosthesis than with large cup prostheses due to displacement of the main articulation between prosthesis head and synthetic cup inlay
- LINK total prosthesis systems allow for variable Vario-head cup combination options
- Scope for conversion to total hip prosthesis without replacement of the femoral prosthesis component
- A safety ring provides optimal protection against the risk of dislocation
- Simple disassembly after extraction of the safety ring in case of implant removal
Answers to Your Questions
How do I arrange a demo?
If you're interested in finding out more or seeing a demo of this product then please contact your local territory manager or get in touch via the form below.
How quickly can I recieve a loan kit?
Our standard loan kit delivery is next day. We can deliver pre 12 or pre 9 if specified at the time of booking. Same day delivery can be arranged on request but please contact us to find out more.
How do I find my local Territory Manager?
Our territory managers can be found on our Team page above. There you will find their email and phone number. If you're unsure which territory you fall in to then please contact us via the form below.
Do you create custom made products?
Custom made is an integral part of Waldemar Link. Our dedicated team of experts and engineers have produced more than 35,000 custom made prostheses to date. We are happy to discuss any case and offer our best solution. Please check out our custom made page (under products) above for more info or get in touch with your local territory manager. We'd love to hear from you.
Where are Link based?
Link UK is based in Edinburgh, Scotland and we are a subsidiary of Waldemar Link. Head office and our factory are located close to Hamburg, Germany.